Saturday, November 24, 2007

Barefoot Photography and The Wrap

I just received a wonderful email from Kimberly of
Barefoot Photography. And this is what she had to say...

"I got a chance to use the wrap today, and it was better than I thought it would be. I must say when I first got it I was surprised at how small it was, but you’re right, in this case I think less is better."

Kimberly ordered the Fawn wrap (one that I haven't had the chance to play with yet) and has shared her stunning images with me to share with you. You can also see more of her work on her Blog.




I would like to take this moment to tell you again my inspiration for the wrap. I had a need for texture with my newborns and being the yarn addict I am, I turned to the thing I new best that had texture. First I tried scarves, but the cumbersome wrapping of a long skinny thing around a sleepy newborn was challenging at best. I also tried chunky textured throws, but finding way to tuck and hide all the extra bulk was also very difficult. So I decided to just make something that was just right **for some reason the 3 Bears story just popped in my head :)** so I made The Wrap for myself. It is not big, and most are surprised when they get it (as you read in Kimberly's quote). But that is the intention of The Wrap. It was designed just big enough for a newborn. To swaddle and tuck with out the length of a scarf or the bulk of a blanket/throw. It worked perfectly for me on several occasions, and now my clients request it.

Be sure to check out the photo instructions I have added to the Blog to help you visualize the wrapping techniques. If you can, find a doll and give it a try.

Love,
Marta

No comments: