Sunday, November 11, 2007

the wrap - sample wrappings

I took a few moments this weekend to get some sample "how to wrap" images. I have several sessions this weekend so the images are not fabulous and my daughters Bitty Baby had to be my newborn. Before you get concerned that the doll is smaller than a real baby I took this into account. Bitty is 15" head to toe. An average newborn is around 17-21" uncurled. So bitty is probably larger (in length) than a curled or swaddled newborn. I also wrapped the wrap very loose with stretch room to spare for a larger newborn. The wrap may look small, but it has a lot of stretch to it. I used a bean bag and a black cloth for the back ground. White looks very good with the Fawn color.

Example 1- Lay wrap on bean bag or surface of choice with corners at top and bottom.Lightly wrap is around babies face. This will get adjusted along the way. Remember there is stretch. Once the baby is wrapped you can pull the material to make it looser around the face.
Fold one half of the wrap across
Wrap other half and tuck and adjust as needed.

Wrap example -2
Lay wrap in square to surface material. Lay baby.
Tuck and push wrap under edges of baby. Be sure to curl those little legs up for cuter look. I kep Bitty long to show that there is still room for a real baby (and she doesn't curl so good :) )
Wrap example-3
Lay wrap with points at top and bottom again.
Wrap side across and leave feet stretched out.
Tuck the hands up by face for another variation.
Wrap example - 4
Lay wrap down and fold top corner down towards middle.


Enjoy your wrap. If you have any questions concerns or new ideas please contact me. I am hear to help! Also if you would like to share your images to The Wrap Blog, send them to me via email with your information and I would be glad to post them!

2 comments:

Jana said...

How much are your wraps? They are gorgeous!

Melanie said...

What is the pattern abbreviations?? I love this but I am a little new to crocheting.. Please email me at butterfly082402@yahoo.com thanks in advance!